Pages

Search This Blog

Monday, May 17, 2010

Sulaiman beat Nigel in Malta Open Scrabble



May 17th, 2010 by Ubaid-ur-Rehman Awan

QAWRA: Mohammad Sulaiman of Pakistan beat former World champion Nigel Richards of New Zealand by 61 points in 14th round of 2010 Malta Open Scrabble Tournament.

Mohammad Sulaiman is currently at number one place in final round of Malta Open Scrabble Tournament after defeating Helen Gipson of Scotland and Nigel Richards of New Zealand. The final score was Mohammad Sulaiman 431 and Nigel Richards 370.

Talking exclusively to The Sports Encounter, 70-years-old Mohammad Sulaiman said “I did not claim to win the title but I will try my level best to win the final as well. My aim is to get place in top five players and I am working very hard for this. I am better player than Nigel Richards and that is why I beat him. My family and friends was praying for my victory and with the help of ALLAH, I am able to reach in the final round. “

Total six games will be played in the final round of tournament where Mohammad Sulaiman will face Craig Beevers. Sulaiman is considered as one of the best players of scrabble in Pakistan and he is among top five players of the country.Total 92 players are participating in 2010 Malta Open Scrabble Tournament including Edward Martin of England and Nigel Richards of New Zealand.

No comments:

Post a Comment