Pages

Search This Blog

Friday, May 21, 2010

Afridi likely to lead Pakistan in Asia Cup

by Ubaid-ur-Rehman Awan

KARACHI: Pakistan T20 captain Shahid Khan Afridi will meet chairman PCB Ejaz Butt on May 25 in PCB headquarters Qaddafi Stadium Lahore.

Sources in PCB told The Sports Encounter that there is possibility that Afridi will lead Pakistan cricket team in upcoming Asia Cup starting from June 15 in Sri Lanka.

While talking to The awansports.blogspot.com, Afridi said “I have not taken any decision yet about my retirement from test cricket. I am still thinking about my test career and after consultation with my family and friends, I will let the people know about my decision.”

He further stated that “PCB appellate tribunal should complete the hearing of the players’ appeals as soon as possible so that the players should concentrate on the cricket.”

“PCB should start preparing team for next year mega event ICC World Cup 2011 and players should be fresh before the preparations of World Cup.”

No comments:

Post a Comment